I was looking through my past years on Facebook I noticed two things… sick children and cookies!
Today is national chocolate chip cookie day. Soooo I made cookies. I picked Colby up early from school. They were having field day this afternoon and decided that he would be better of coming home to rest instead. So when I got home I began making the homemade fish sticks for dinner and chocolate chip cookies.
Who doesn’t love a gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookie? This one is from Duff’s cookbook
Fat and Chewy Cookies
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Eat a bunch of the cookie dough (kidding!).
- Scoop what’s left of the cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake cookies 8 to 12 minutes, depending on how gooey you want those centers to be.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack.